3 Downsides of Pagemodo, Involver, Shortstack, Woobox & Lujure
Over the last few years there have been a zillion companies that started a service to create custom Facebook tabs or Facebook Applications. Each of these services have their own pros and cons, but at the end of the day all of these services have a few major flaws in their system.
Even though there are many alternatives in the market, there are a few players that seem to be most popular:
The first downside of these Facebook Tab services is that they cost money. A LOT!
Instead of charging a one-time-fee (such as WP4FB 3.0) they charge each and every month that you’re using their service.
To give you an idea of their paid pricing plans:
- Fan Page Engine: $27 – $97 a month ($324 – $1164 a year!)
- Pagemodo: $6.25 – $33.25 a month ($75 – $399 a year!)
- Involver: ?
- Shortstack: $15 – $300 a month ($180 – $3000 a year!)
- Woobox: $10 – $249 a month ($120 – $2988 a year!)
- Lujure: $30 – $300 a month ($360 – $3600 a year!)
- Tabsite: $10 – $25 a month ($100 – $250 a year!)
No – we’re not saying these services won’t be of any use. In fact, they’re packed with loads of cool features! Truly awesome stuff.
However, using these services you’ll always be limited to the features that they’ve implemented in their software. You won’t have the luxury of installing any of the 21,192 WordPress plugins to create the most unique Facebook application out there.
When you’re a more advanced user and want to implement some of your own “stuff” into your Facebook apps, you’ll have a problem as well..
Regardless of the fact that you’re already paying them, we’ve seen many Facebook tabs that still have their branding on them. That’s right, their logo on your Facebook Application. We haven’t tested the paid services recently so we can’t say which packages still show their branding – but we do know that we’d never want something like that on our Facebook landing pages.
Facebook, meet WordPress
And then there was WordPress!
WordPress it’s known for it’s extensive community that build an enormous amount of WordPress plugins and themes, making sure that almost everything imaginable is possible.
Since we’re also WordPress fanatics, we created the No. 1 WordPress plugin for Facebook, called WP4FB 3.0.
Using this plugin you’re able to create custom Facebook Tabs without any of the limitations mentioned above.
- No monthly fees. Buy today and use forever.
- Unlimited possibilities. Even if we don’t provide the features you’re looking for, another WordPress plugin will.
- No WP4FB branding. We don’t put our name on your fan pages. Period.
How does that sound? Have a look at all of the details of WP4FB 3.0 here.